VISION AND STRATEGIES
AROUND THE BALTIC SEA
- Recommend transnational policy measures;
- Promote methodology development;
- Promote co-operation projects;
- Co-operate with other cross-BSR initiatives;
- Promote a dialogue with sector institutions.
The priority of Latvian presidency in VASAB is small and medium size cities. Currently national governments are rethinking the role of territorial development and managing the shift from a “one size fits all” approach to governing urban areas towards more tailored, asymmetric solutions that aim fitting institutions to specific context.
Discussion on the ESPON project ‘European and Macro-regional Territorial Monitoring Tool’ will be held on Thursday 6th September 2018 (9:00-11:30) in Liepaja, Latvia in the premises of Concert Hall “Lielais Dzintars” (Radio iela 8, Liepaja).