Procedure for land-based spatial planning Flagships
Additionally to the General procedure, VASAB CSPD/BSR (in its 68th meeting on 22-23 January 2015) has agreed on the procedure of granting support letters on behalf of EUSBSR Policy area “Spatial Planning” to the potential flagship projects related to land-based spatial planning:
- VASAB Secretariat serves as a contact point;
- VASAB Secretariat verifies if the formal requirements of a Flagship are met by the applicant;
- VASAB CSPD/BSR members are consulted before proposing formal decision;
- Decision to issue Letter of Commitment or Letter of Support is made by the VASAB CSPD/BSR via written procedure or at the CSPD/BSR meeting. Written procedure may take up to 7 (seven) days.
Criteria for the land-based Flagships
The project can be proposed to grant flagship status if the project fulfils the following criteria:
- Flagship should have at least three partners from different countries with a clear indication of the Lead Partner. The information on the partnership composition is important to ensure that the project will be implemented in a good/professional way.
- Flagship should have a clear transnational dimension and other traits of a Flagship of the EUSBSR. It should contribute to the implementation of VASAB Long-Term Perspective for the Territorial Development of the Baltic Sea Region and to the overall task of the Policy area to achieve territorial cohesion perspective of the Region by 2030.
- In addition, VASAB Secretariat checks if the project contributes to the Tentative Action Plan for the Implementation of VASAB Tallinn Declaration 2015-2019.
Procedure for the MSP projects
General procedure is available here.