North Sea Baltic Connector of Regions
Project’s lifetime: May 2016 – April 2019
Total Project’s budget: € 3 307 648,45
European Regional Development Fund: € 2 602 097,88
The overall objective of the Project: improve the sustainable accessibility of the Eastern Baltic Sea Region (EBSR) in freight and passenger transport.
NSB CoRe contributes to the European Union TEN-T Transport Infrastructure Policy, that connects the continent between East and West, North and South, by taking its implementation to the regional and local level by connecting the TEN-T core network corridor (CNC) of North Sea Baltic to its catchment area and access routes in EBSR. NSB CoRe implements TEN-T Regulation from a regional development perspective and brings the needs of peripheral regions to the CNC context.
The main project activities include:
- Logistics business requirements and networking needs;
- Nodal point infrastructure analysis;
- ICT solutions for intermodal transport;
- Interconnectivity and interoperability improvements;
- Framework concepts, future scenarios, spatial structure for the development of the Commuting Growth Corridors;
- Benchmarking and implementing smart mobility services along the corridor;
- Joint transnational spatial vision on regional development, logistics and mobility of NSB CoRe corridor;
- Case studies at regional scale on improved connections between NSB CoRe corridor and 2nd level transport systems.