VASAB CSPD/BSR chairmanship is one year long and from 1 July 2018 until 30 June 2019 is chaired by Mr Gunārs Ansiņš, Latvia.
Latvian chairmanship will address gaps in the development of various types of urban areas and focus discussions on how to design and implement strategies for the future, including examples from shrinking regions and cities.
Discussion will look for following answers:
- What we can and should do to keep standard of living and quality of life in areas where depopulation and de-urbanization are becoming serious problems?
- What types of successful urban – rural co-operation exist?
- How to become resilient to major changes and challenges? What are the opportunities?
- How to enable efficient coordination within the regional and local administrations?
- How to take into account future trends and uncertainties relating to political, technological, environmental, demographic and social issues?